Tue, 31 Mar 2015
Reports to: Small Project Team Lead
Location: Toronto Canada
Employment Type: Full-time Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Grade: TBD
Since 2002, SmartSimple has been providing organizations with an innovative, cloud-based software solution that automates a wide range of administrative processes in multiple vertical markets, including grants, research and claims management. Our system is used by tens of thousands of people every month, working in more than 100 countries around the world. Our company is technologically advanced, culturally diverse and continuously growing with offices in Toronto, New York City and Dublin.
The Jr. Analyst will spend three (3) months in the Small Project Team. As a configuration resource for the Small Project Team (SPT), the Jr. Analyst assists in the execution of small-scale project related work. Under the direct guidance of the Small Project Team Lead and with the mentorship of senior technical staff they will be responsible for platform configuration of client systems. After this time, and the successful completion of two projects, you will be assigned to the pre-implementation or post-implementation team upon completion of the training according to your demonstrated strengths and technical ability. This is a non-client facing, highly technical role.
This position is an ideal entry level role for a recent computer science graduate looking to establish a solid career with a proven Cloud Provider.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Small Project Team Lead to review and analyse options within SmartSimple software and determine best way to configure and/or modify software for client systems based on the client Statement of Work (SOW) requirements.
- Collaborate and obtain guidance on the design of client systems from the Business Configuration and Implementation Specialists, Project Managers, or Solutions Architects in the course of work. Get approval for system changes/modifications prior to commencing any configuration work.
- Work in close collaboration with the Project Manager to investigate and help solve client issues. This involves detailed troubleshooting of client systems before escalating issues to the Sr. PM or Development team.
- Review and test configured system functions to ensure adherence to client requests and SOW requirements.
- Assist with performing integrated system testing when new features are applied to a client system.
- Flag and report potential problems or out-of-scope requests from clients to the Project Manager.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly with strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Clear, concise and effective communication ability.
- Working knowledge of databases, data modelling concepts and best practices. Ability to read a data model and perform data mapping.
- Experience with application configuration within a project environment for example. Configuration of fields, creation of workflows, tweaking, implementation. Full project lifecycle (conception to production).
- Basic knowledge of 'Software as a Service' solutions (SAAS) and experience of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Ability to work independently and within a team environment to achieve project goals.
For more details, please visit: http://wwww.smartsimple.com/