School of Computer Science
CPS607 Autonomous Mobile Robotics
The Ryerson lecture notes are also available in Adobe PDF reader format (3.0) and
are list below. You will need to install the freely available PDF reader for the
machine you are using. This can be found at the Adobe web site. Go to the Apple site
to get a quicktime plugin to see the videos...that's up to you.
These notes are not necessarily in the order that they will be presented.
- The Dissuasion class andclass
- Introduction to Autonomy class and class
- The Tutebot 1 class and class
- The Tutebot 2 class and class
- Robotics History class and class
- A video tape of the previous year's efforts on lab 1 (Go see Lab
- Steve talks about the MC68HC11
- Sensing 1 a reading will be provided and the class
notes. Here is some
good stuff on synthetic sensors. Here
is how to make a line following circuit and a robot and here.
- Steve and the amazing MC68HC11 miniboard
- Sensors in the natural world (or sensors 2) and class
is some (not necessarily) related stuff on human perception that is far and beyond
what you will build in this course.
- Mobility 1 is about wheeled mobility and class
notes. Probably the most famous use of a wheeled robot was the NASA robot deployed
on Mars called Sojourner.
Here is a video of an early NASA earth-based exercise.
Note the impatience of one of the participants as Sojourner slowly makes it way down
- New Perspectives on Intelligence and class
notes. For an interesting set of simulations of Braitenberg vehicles go here.
For interesting ideas on actually building them go here.
- Alex's simulation sandbox
- Understanding Animal Behaviour 1 and class
- Complex Adaptive Behaviour and class
notes, also please read about Subsumption
- Motion Planning and class
notes. Please read about Flakey
- Mobility 2 is about walking and class
notes. Here is a simulation of what hexapod walking is
like using an alternating tripod gait, based on some work at MIT.
Here is some interesting
work I found on the web that you can build. Here is a local
copy of the video. There are a lot of comparisions that can be made between artificial
and natural walking, please see this paper.
- Animal Behaviour 2 and class