Email: bgajdero [at] ryerson [dot] ca
Department of Computer Science
350 Victoria Street,
Room: ENG 207
I am currently working at Eqentia Inc. as a Software Engineer, Semantic Technologies.
You can reach me at bart [at] eqentia [dot] com
News - 2011 -
- My Oral Defence January 17, 2011, 13:00 Room ENG 288: Complete Schedule.
- Titile: Using Decision Trees for Inductively Driven Semantic Integration and Ontology Matching
- Abstract: The popularity of ontologies for representing the semantics behind many real-world domains has created a growing pool of ontologies on various topics. While different ontologists, experts, and organizations create the vast majority of ontologies, often for internal use or for use in a narrow context, their domains frequently overlap in a wider context of applicability, such as the Semantic Web. These overlapping ontologies sometimes model similar or matching theories that may be inconsistent. To assist in the reuse of these ontologies, this thesis proposes a bottom-up technique for creating concept anchors that are used for ontology matching. These anchors are inductively derived decision tree rules for a local ontology that are compared with other rules derived for target ontologies. The algorithm is intended to match taxomonies, ontologies which define subsumption relations between concepts. Each ontology must also have an associated database used to derive the decision trees. This thesis also introduces several evolution measures for validating the algorithm, and presents a set of use cases that demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses of the matching process.
News - 2010 -
- OOR Conference Call (Sept 10, at 12:00 EDT) will focus on Common Logic Support for OOR.
- OOR Conference Call (Sept 9, 2010 at 13:30 EDT) will focus on Open Standards.
- ISWC 2010 : International Semantic Web Conference 2010 will be held in Shanghai, China on November 7 - 11, 2010 (CFP)
- URSW : The 6th Uncertainty Reasoning for the Semantic Web Workshop will be held at ISWC 2010 (CFP)
- OWL 2 Virtual Talks by Ian Horrocks.
- CASCON 2010 : The IBM Center for Advanced Studies (CAS) COnference will be held in Toronto, Canada on November 1 - 4, 2010.
- nafips2010.org : The North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society's 2010 Conference July 12 - 14 (CFP).
News - 2009 -
- nafips2010.org : The North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society's 2010 Conference website is now available.
- On November 10th, 2009, I will be presenting the Open Ontology Repository at the Toronto Semantic Web Meetup . The talk will be held at Ryerson University George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre, at Church & Gould , in room ENG288.
- On October 19th, at 2:00 pm, Ali Hashemi will be presenting his work on ontology design using ontology repositories. The talk will be held at University of Toronto, room MC 331 (Mechanical Engineering building).
- On April 13, at 5:30 pm, the Ryerson Web 2.0 Student Competition for the CPS 630 (Advanced Web Applications) will be held at the George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre , at Ryerson University . Please visit the CPS630 wiki for details on the projects. The students worked on projects in collaboration with companies such as IBM , Apple and others, on revolutionary Web 2.0 applications, on mobile devices, podcasting technology, GeoCoding, and others.'
- On April 14 at 11:50 am, Bill Andersen , Chief Scientist at Ontology Works Inc. will be presenting the Ontology Lifecycle. The talk will be held at University of Toronto, room BA8256.
- On March 19 at 10:00 am, Dr. Chris Welty will be presenting the latest work on the Rule Interchange Format from the W3C. The talk will be in University of Toronto, BA 1210.
- On March 18 at 2:00 pm, Dr. Chris Welty will be presenting a talk on OntoClean , a methodology for evaluating ontologies. The talk will be held at University of Toronto, the Mechanical Engineering building, MC 331, 5 King's College Road . This will also include a one-hour discussion session after the talk.